After a weekend visit with my mom she got me hooked on Kale chips. I know they are the rage and I have seen them for sale in Whole Foods. She showed me how to make them, it is very easy. However I will say that if you don’t bake them long enough they will be too soft and feel like you are eating cooked tissues.
Kale is a superfood with HUGE health benefits, such as:
- Being high in Vitamin A , K and Iron
- Low Calorie and high in Fiber-1 cup=36 calories, 0 Fat
- Kale is high in Calcium
- Kale keeps the liver healthy
- A great green that helps fight free radicals in body
With all these great health benefits, eating a bit of Kale seems like a good idea.
- Purchase a large ready to use bag of Kale. Glory Foods has one.
- Turn oven on 275 degrees
- Spread a layer of kale on cookie sheet
- Use any flavored oil of your choice- I used Toasted Sesame oil. Use about 1-2 Tbsp and massage it into the greens to soften them.
- Add some salt
- Bake for about 15 minutes, toss half way.
- Be sure that when you take them out they are fully baked. Should be light feeling as you move them around.
Try it, and play with the temperature on you oven. The good news that if you are on Weight Watchers the kale is zero points and you only count the oil.