I am reading the October issue of Oprah and the whole magazine is devoted to the best advise that you have ever received. I know that I have read and heard many things over my life, however its impossible to remember them all. So I decided to list all the ones that resonated with me from Oprah. Here they are:
1. Relax, Daily stressors seem like the end of the world-dont let them cloud what is important- Sushman Subramanian.
2. Laugh. Its the perfect icebreaker. Ruven Afanador.
3. Be Patient-with others and with yourself.
4. Listen to others and yourself-Ellen Goodman.
5. Breathe. Deep breaths wont solve your problems, but they calm you enough to remember you will get by-Kate Rockwood.
6. What leaves you feeling bad do less of, What leaves you feeling good, do more of-Martha Beck.
7. When you dont know what to say, try the truth-Martha Beck.
8. Making time for yourself is not selfish-Dr. Phil.
9. Don’t ever confuse your life and your work. The second is only part of the first. -Anna Quindlen.
10. Follow your own advise-Belinda Whitmore.
11. Remember the days are long but the years are short-Elizabeth Cooperstein.
12. Don’t burn your bridges, you may need to cross them again-Marie Murphy.
There are hundreds of great tips and thoughts in this issue. I think I will print out the list and put it in my cabinet and hopefully I will remember and apply some of them. I know that we shouldn’t sweat the small stuff, live in the present and wear clean underwear in case we ever get in a car accident ( thanks Nana).
So my thoughts are this, try to think of the best advise that you ever received and write it down. Keep these nuggets of wisdom close for when you need to recharge your batteries. Keep them in a safe place and read them often. They will help you stay centered and as my father aka Dr. Silly says “dont take yourself too seriously.”
Whats the best advise that you ever received? Please share.